The presence of a guide is not required to fish rivers in Gaspé. However, advice from an experienced fishing guide can certainly make all the difference to your experience of fishing Atlantic salmon; especially if you are discovering our rivers for the first time.
There are several certified guides offering their services on Gaspé rivers
- Adams Richard
- Dany Smith
- Elie Elmaleh
- Jean-Yves Lamy
- Quebec Sporting
- Geneviève Fournier
- Mario Fortin
- Michel Lemay
Saumon Gaspé fishing school
The Société de gestion des rivières de Gaspé (SGRG) is well placed to introduce you to salmon fishing on the legendary rivers in Gaspé.
Session 1 : July 26-27,28, 2019
Saumon Gaspé fishing school offers lessons for up to 12 people to learn the basics of salmon fishing on the rivers in Gaspé.
A team with sound experience made up of two coaches and four experienced volunteers
- Friday 17:00 -19:00
Presentation of the basic concepts in the classroom. Equipment and day passes are handed out.
- Saturday and Sunday 8:00 to 16:30
Full days of training on the rivers with coaches and volunteers
$200 + taxes per participant
- The fees include rental of all the gear (waders, boots, rods, reels, line)
- Each participant must purchase an Atlantic salmon sport fishing licence and flies (we offer a range of flies suitable for the rivers in Gaspé).
*Cancellations more than 30 days in advance of the fishing school course: 50 % of the fees will be refunded. Less than 30 days before the course will not be refunded.
Fly Fishing Discovery Day
Have you always dreamed of salmon fishing in the tranquility of crystal clear waters and learning to fly fish? Let one of our experienced coaches show you the way for a one-day initiation to Atlantic salmon fly fishing on one of Gaspé’s three salmon rivers.
From June 1 to August 17
Registration: 72 hours in advance (1-866-332-2324)
- $240 + for 1 participant
- $300 + for 2 participants
- $375 + for 3 participants
* Fees include fishing gear rental (waders, pants and fishing rods) and day passes. Clients must provide a salmon fishing license and flies (we offer a range of flies suitable for the rivers in Gaspé).
* Cancellations more than 10 days in advance of the fishing day: 85 % of the registration fees will be refunded. Less than 5 days before the fishing day: 75% of the registration fee will be refunded.
Flies and fishing gear
Welcome to our selection of wet and dry flies and muddlers. We also hold an extensive range of fishing gear: floating line, leaders, line cutters, Wes polarized sunglasses, Gink, etc.
Specialized fishing gear: Whether you are new to fly fishing or simply want to travel light, you can rent excellent quality fishing gear at a reasonable price.
- G-Loomis Cross-Current rods and East-Fork reels: $30 /day
- G-Loomis Cross-Current rods : $20 /day
- East-Fork reels : $10 /day
- SIMMS Waders and boots: $30 /day
- Complete kit (boots and rods): $50 /day
Specialized clothing: The range of clothing available in our shop will keep you comfortable and protect you from the heat, the damp, and the cold.
Find out about our in store prices: 1 866 332-2324