The St-Jean River is famous for its crystal clear waters and popular for dry fly fishing.
It is located at the eastern tip of the Gaspé Peninsula and flows from the Monts Chic-Chocs over a distance of 121 km into Gaspé Bay at Douglastown. Large salmon are entirely catch and release from May 25 to July 31 inclusively. A quota of 50 large salmon is allowed from August 1.
- Fishing period from May 25 to September 30
- Pools can be accessed by car (forest roads)
- Wading pools, no canoes required
- Guides are not required to fish Zones 1 and 2, however, private guides (lien vers la section 6) offer their services
- Catch and release period for large salmon: from May 25 to July 31
- Catch and retain large salmon permitted from August 1 to Septembre 30, if the management threshold is reached
- Number of zones: 2
- Number of controlled zones: 2
- Reservations for controlled zones: November 1 draw, 48 hour draw and 4 pm daily hat draw
- Mandatory Release