The Dartmouth River, from its source in the northeast corner of the Gaspé Peninsula, flows mostly through wilderness except at its mouth, located in a rural part of the town of Gaspé.
It offers breathtaking landscapes, the peace and quiet of a river off the beaten track and spectacular fishing when the conditions are right.
- Pools can be accessed by car
- Forest roads
- Wading pools, no canoe required
- Guides are not required, however, private guides (lien vers la section 6) are available
- Catch and release period for large salmon: from May 25 to July 31
- Catch and retain large salmon permitted from August 1 to September 30, if the management threshold is reached
- Number of zones: 7
- Number of controlled zones: 4
- Number of unlimited zones: 3
- Reservations for controlled zones: November 1 draw, 48 hour draw and 4 pm daily hat draw
- Mandatory Release